I’ve been Verified a bunch of times: Vid.me, Pornhub (at least twice?), Amazon (twice?), and on Socialblade like 6 different times. Now I want more.
February 10th, 2021: Instant denial. Within seconds, on Facebook. What the fuck is going on, over here?
If I were to take a guess, I would say that Facebook was just auto-declining certain accounts that do not meet the basic metrics for even being reviewed. Which is shitty, because I spent time and lifeforce writing a compelling argument.
Seeing as it’s possible to apply for Verification on both Page and Profile, I’m gonna try for Profile. (◕ᴗ◕✿)
I tried for Profile, and the attempt is still Open. No auto-CLOSED. I think that, because I sent them my driver’s license in a 600dpi, huge fucking PNG, that it was getting auto-declined. I also changed it into a smaller JPG, and now it’s open. (◕ᴗ◕✿)
Since I’m a trans person, the ID not having the same name might result in me getting banned. I don’t really give a shit; this is fun to play around wif. (◕ᴗ◕✿)
First Verification attempt of this year, I think I did ‘Gamer’ as my Page type. This time, I tried ‘Digital Creator/Blogger/Influencer’. No clue if that changed how it was parsed.
This time, I tried to Verify my Facebook Profile, and I did it under Other, aaaaaaaand it was just closed. So there’s a person on the other side, here; because there was a delay. That’s some lag.
I’m going to keep trying. But I’m starting to get an idea, here.
What if Facebook is TERFs? Lots of different blog posts state that you should see a response about Verification as soon as 48 hours. But I’m getting instant, and near-instant denial.
Next opportunity is March 12, 2021.
Applied for Instagram’s Verification. No auto-decline yet.
February 14th, 2021, at exactly Noon: DECLINED
Next opportunity March 16
This is a list of attempts I’ve made. Former attempts will be cataloged at a future date, when i actually find records of that.
- Fri, Dec 25, 2020, 1:18 PM: Soundcloud: Still pending. This was a mostly-nascent proposal on Soundcloud’s part: lots of people, including a fucking person who hacked somebody else’s account, got Verified. So this means little to nothing. But, initially, people were getting accepted even if they were small. Now they’re getting denied at hysterically-stupid rates, as Soundcloud tries to control how ‘rare’ the mark is.
- STILL PENDING AS OF JANUARY 16TH, HOLY HELL
- Expectation: DENIAL
- Reality: DENIED, about Feb 3rd 2021 or some shit. They never sent me an e-mail, and I haven’t checked since January 31st, so it could’ve been any time between then. Says I can try again in 30 days, and that ‘feature’ has been broken for most people. For most people, the button never becomes un-greyed-out. So, in general, I just want to say: FUCK SOUNDCLOUD. They’re gonna go bankrupt anyway so I shouldn’t care BUT I’M MAD. GIMME WHAT I WANT.
- Can re-submit to Facebook and Instagram maybe February 11th to 14th
Before this, I got denied about 6 times each on 2 different Twitter accounts. It’ll be fun to try there, again, when Twitter opens up the form for that.
Verification is fun! It’s utterly meaningless, but boy do I love applying for it.
Previous Attempts and Things I’ve Given Up On, or will never try, in general
Fuck these following places.
- January 11th, 2021: Facebook: INSTANT DENIAL. They didn’t even read what I wrote to them.
- January 11th, 2021: Instagram: Nothing yet. They take longer, thank God.
- Expectation: Denial, but at least it’s not instant. There’s a chance.
- NOPE DENIED LOL
- Denied 2 days ago (January 13th or 14th)
- Takes like 2-3 days for them to respond
- Going to keep bugging them
- AskFM: Denied a day later because I didn’t have enough followers. I have around 600 on there, ~18,000 on one Twitter account, ~16,000 on another. If that’s not enough then fuck ’em. Nobody uses AskFM, anyways, and I just wanted it because ooh checkmark.
- To their credit, the lady was polite. But I’m not re-applying. The site’s going to probably close soon enough anyways because nobody uses it.
- Snapchat: Look, I’m old. I don’t even know if you can get Verified here. I also don’t like to show off myself at all, let alone my nude body. So, no.
- Same goes for TikTok. I’m too old for this shit, dawg.
- Tinder? No.
Things I’m never gonna get, but am still somehow fascinated wif.
- This is a weird one. Alongside other music-centric platforms, it’s SUPER hard to get into these, and, you cannot request it. Saying I’m Verified on “MySpace” would be pretty funny.
- Various other music platforms I can’t figure out
Where I’m Verified, and when (if I can remember). Some of these links don’t work no mo’.
- Vid.me: Dead. The URL used to be [https://vid.me/user/icze4r]. Had a nice purple checkmark. :3c
- Pornhub: Not dead; merely resting, like the corpse in a strange pyramid. Was Verified here once, maybe twice, or thrice(?); Pornhub went wiggy. IDK.
- Amazon: These still work. Verified twice(?), but don’t want to give out shop URL because then I have to say some sort of legal spiel. URL for proof of this is https://www.amazon.com/gp/profile/amzn1.account.AHGH5P4KST634Y5VN6AZ53RLG3NQ
- Socialblade YouTube: https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/icze4r/
- Socialblade Site Twitter: https://socialblade.com/twitter/user/icze4r
- Socialblade Private Twitter: https://socialblade.com/twitter/user/_icze4r
- There’s more but it’s too much work to post them all
Vid.me: This one’s interesting. Usually, you needed 50 followers on Vid.me, and maybe a few other things, to get Verified. I merely asked, and they were nice, and they gave it to me. (◕ᴗ◕✿)
This one’s my favorite checkmark. Not just because it was my first, but— dude.
That’s cool! c(◕ᴗ◕✿)